PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Servier Benelux SA (« Servier »), with registered office at Boulevard International 57, 1070 Brussels, Belgium, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number BE 408.056.927, offers this website in order to give users general information on Servier, its activity, its organisation, its research, its human resources policy, its communication, its products, offers and services, and its news and events. It should be noted that we do not publish and we do not supply services addressed at children. Our newsletter is only sent to healthcare professionals.
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who uses the website (referred to as our “Website”) and only collect and use personal data in ways that are described below, and in a manner that is compatible with our obligations and your rights under the law. This Personal Data Protection Policy only applies to your use of the Website and the communication of personal data via the Website or another Servier website.
1. What data do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data from users of the Website:
- Data that you give to us through your use of the Contact space of the Website: last name, first name, email address, telephone number, postal address, purchased products.
- Data that we collect automatically for statistical purposes using cookies: pages visited, dates and times of access, preferred content, operating system, type of browser used, type of hardware used, etc. It must be noted that our statistics cookies do not allow the personal identification of a natural person.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data means any information that can identify you directly or indirectly.
2. Why do we use your data?
Under the GDPR, our use of your personal data must always have a lawful basis. This can be because the data are necessary for your use of the Website, or because it is in our legitimate interest to use them (e.g. to answer your questions) or because you have given your consent (e.g. to receive our newsletters).
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- To produce statistical analyses, particularly of Website traffic;
- To manage and improve the Website for optimal user browsing;
- To respond to requests or questions by users and to provide them with technical assistance, if needed;
- To monitor requests made about our products or services.
- To process pharmacovigilance case reports regarding our products or services;
- To comply with the legal and regulatory obligations applicable to Servier;
- To process suspected counterfeiting declarations on our products / services;
- To process suspected quality defects declarations on our products / services;
- To process unsolicited applications posted in the Career space;
- To manage the sending of our newsletters.
We do not further process the data in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes described above.
3. What are your rights?
You have the right to request access and obtain information about your personal data; update, correct or delete your personal data; restrict or oppose (for legitimate reasons) the processing of your personal data by contacting the Servier Data Protection Officer (DPO). You also have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to Servier in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without Servier’s interference where technically possible (right to data portability):
- by email, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by mail, at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Servier Benelux SA
Boulevard International 57
Should you have any cause for complaint regarding our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (DPA) concerning Servier’s compliance with the laws and regulations in force relating to data protection.
4. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data collected by Servier are kept in a form that permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. More specifically:
- Personal data collected for audience measurement purposes are kept for 24 months
- Personal data collected for pharmacovigilance activities are kept for 10 years after the relevant marketing authorisation has ceased to exist; the data are then deleted or archived in an anonymised form, unless otherwise envisaged by mandatory local regulations;
- Personal data collected for the management of medical information are kept for 3 years after your request;
- Personal data collected for scientific medical liaison with healthcare professionals are kept for 5 years after your last interaction with Servier, then are archived for 5 years and deleted;
- Personal data collected for managing relationships with healthcare professionals in connection with clinical trials are kept until the study product is marketed or until the final study report or until the publication of the study results. They are then archived in paper or electronic form for a period in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Personal data collected for communication and relationship management and promotional activities (contacts with healthcare professionals, including the newsletters) are kept for 5 years after your last interaction with Servier, then archived for 5 years and deleted;
- Personal data collected for transparency management are kept, archived and destroyed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (in Belgium, 10 years);
- Personal data collected for any other type of correspondence are kept for 13 months;
5. How do we safeguard your personal data?
We have put in place appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organisational security measures to store your personal data that we collect and keep confidential and to protect them against unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or access, accidental loss, destruction, alteration or damage taking into consideration the state of art of technology and the cost of implementation.
6. Do we share your personal data?
Your personal data processed by Servier will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients on a need-to-know basis or where required by law, including but not limited to:
- The departments and personnel of Servier and other legal entities of the Servier Group with a need to know.
- The suppliers and service providers of Servier, particularly those responsible for hosting the Website, producing the Website, who may be called upon to access the personal data of users for purposes strictly necessary for their work..
- The competent authorities such as health authorities in certain legally-defined cases.